A Visit From My Parents!!
Mom & Dad enjoying one of the many luscious forests of New Zealand!
I apologize for such a gap between updates. My parents were able to make it across the Pacific to visit New Zealand for 2 weeks. We had an awesome and action-packed time together as we traveled all over both the North & South Island. The best way to get the story is to look through the photos I have posted on my Webshots site! It was such a blessing to see my wonderful parents, plus it was a nice break from work here in Queenstown! And I fell in love with New Zealand all over again, it is SO diverse & beautiful!!
I have two photo albums, one of the North Island and one of the South Island! North Island: http://family.webshots.com/album/563778548ECpnfd South Island: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563785737niIESs
This is Cathedral Cove, Coromandel Peninsula on the North Island, parts of the new Narnia: Prince Caspian movie were filmed here!! See more photos on my website...
Mom & Dad at Tongariro Nat'l Park, about to embark on a beautiful hike. Yes, that volcano in the background is Mt. Doom from the Lord of the Rings movies!!
I have two photo albums, one of the North Island and one of the South Island! North Island: http://family.webshots.com/album/563778548ECpnfd South Island: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563785737niIESs
This is Cathedral Cove, Coromandel Peninsula on the North Island, parts of the new Narnia: Prince Caspian movie were filmed here!! See more photos on my website...
Mom & Dad at Tongariro Nat'l Park, about to embark on a beautiful hike. Yes, that volcano in the background is Mt. Doom from the Lord of the Rings movies!!Mom & Dad left about two weeks ago, since then I have been getting back into the routine I guess. SKI SEASON began right after they left....but only one week after Coronet Peak's opening, a warm front came through and melted all the snow. I was able to get up to the slopes twice however, and since I bought a season pass I will be going up as much as possible whenever the snow returns!!
Queenstown is busily preparing for the Winterfestival - which is supposedly the biggest winter festival in the southern hemisphere! It kicks off on June 27th and runs for ten days. There will be plenty of concerts, events, and contests - including a dog barking competition! (??) I'm looking forward to the busyness the festival will bring.
It hasn't been too cold here, although it has snowed at lake level twice. Usually the daily highs are between 8-10*C and at night it's around -2 -0*C. So it's really not too cold, compared to western New York anyways. : )

The gorgeous & world famous Milford Sound!
So I am doing pretty good, the newness and excitement of being in New Zealand is fading away, but I'm still enjoying my friends and the beautiful surroundings!! I miss everyone TONS and would love to hear from you via email!! God Bless ~




1 Comments:
Amy! I love you. It's great reading how your time went with your parents. Do you think your dad would play the piano for Jon and I at our wedding as I'm walking down the isle? Gesh, now that means I need an inside wedding. Anyways- I love you lover (you're my no. 1 forevre).
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home